Surveillance Screening in Redford, MI
Firstly, our pets can't speak, they cannot tell us if they feel off color or unwell or have any other indicators of internal illness. We need to examine them every 6 months as well as run some routine screening tests to detect underlying disease BEFORE it is clinically apparent.
Secondly, pets will actively mask signs of illness until late in the course of disease. This stems from survival instincts in a pack or colony situation.
Use the age chart below to find your pets age in "people" years and the screening testing recommended for each stage of his or her life.
We believe the following tests give us the best chance of helping your pet's live longer, healthier lives.
These are approximations and may vary by gender, species and breed.
- Every 12 months - Baseline Blood Profile (a small blood test checking internal organ health)
- Every 6 months - Urine Specific Gravity ( a urine test to check how well the kidneys concentrate urine - there is no charge for this test)
- Every 12 months - Annual Health Profile (a blood test checking red and white blood cell counts and a more comprehensive internal organ screen)
- Every 6 months - Urine Specific Gravity
- Every 12 months - Senior Health Profile (comprehensive internal organ screen including Thyroid testing, electrolytes and red and white cell counts and urine specific gravity)
- Every 6 months - Urine Specific Gravity +/- Urine Dipstick
- Every 6 months - Golden Years Health Profile (comprehensive internal organ screen including Thyroid testing, electrolytes and red and white cell counts)